20080102

My Holidays...

Well, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of social activity! There was a cookie baking party, the results of which we donated to a home for troubled teens, a "Guitar Hero" party, 4 engagements between the 24th and 26th of December, my own Oshogatsu open house (Japanese new years tradition) at which my dad brought his own little battery-powered black and white tv to watch football because I don't have a tv, and my family's oshogatsu get-together. I actually missed a few parties, because I was too tired to attend! I love my friends and I like spending time with people, but I have to say I'm somewhat relieved the holidays are over, because I definitely had too much of a good thing.

So I'm back at work (technically, the only days I had off were Christmas eve, Christmas day and New Years day, but I'm kind of a work junkie, so it seemed like a lot of days off to me) and I'm prepping for my spring classes... I think I actually missed the deadline to turn in my course materials to duplicating services in time to get them for the first day of classes, so I'll be sending them to Kinko's and paying out of my own pocket. Oh well.

My boss at the day job wants me to learn to do business valuations, so he's bringing someone in to teach me the research methods at some point. In the meantime, I ordered a couple of books so I can familiarize myself with the basic methods and theories. Plus, my house mate, Steven, who is now a welder, was a stock broker and investment banker in his former lives, so I'm picking his brain as well.

So far, the year seems to be off to a good start. I've been jogging a little loop by my office on a regular basis, and bringing my lunch in more often to save money AND not eat so much junk. I do have big, fat knots up my whole back,Steven worked on my back the other day, and the next day I went to the massage therapist and there are STILL huge knots!

Well, it's late and I need to be up early! I'm already in my favorite bear night shirt, which has a bear holding its own little bear toy. One of my exes hated this shirt because it was unsexy. I was telling Steven that and he said "well, the shirt does kind of say 'no sex tonight... it's something a grandmother would wear!'" Oh well, I'm only sleeping with the cats and the dog occasionally, and they don't care what I wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment