20081002

Another Quiz from Raven...

1. If you could live at any time in history, when would it be?
Right now (I'm too fond of indoor plumbing and electricity)

2. If you were asked to do so, would you sing in public?
I already have

3. What are you passionate about? Education and intelligent city planning
What really moves you? Beethoven's Eroica, when well-played

4. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?
I'm not much of a spender. I'd probably stick the bulk of it in my investment portfolio, donate some to organizations I support and finish some repairs and upgrades on my house I've been putting off. Of course, if I only won fifty dollars, I guess I'd buy myself a tank of gas!

5. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
Traveled on a whim to a country where I couldn't speak the language to meet a complete stranger without a backup plan in case things went badly. I am about to leave everything behind and move a continent and an ocean away from my home in part to be closer this stranger.

6. If you were throwing a party for five famous people, alive or dead...who would you invite?
I don't know! Maybe Richard Feynman.

7. If time and money were no object, to what causes would you dedicate your efforts?
Animals and education.

8. What is your favorite comfort food meal?
Dungeness crab cioppino

9. If you could pick one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
I don't know!

10. If you could spend a whole day doing exactly as you wished with no demands and no responsibilities,and no limits what would you do?
Only one? I'd put the top down on my car, drive out to the coast and have breakfast at Ketch Joanne's at Pillar Point Harbor (the food is so-so, but it's just a comfortable place). From there, I'd walk down Highway 1 to the beach and continue down the beach for a bit. On the way back, I'd stop to watch the surfers at surfer beach (its 'real' name is something else, but I can't remember it). Then I'd walk out on Johnson's pier and visit Captain Dan on the Seabird and buy a crab or two from him, stop at the fish market to pick up some mussels, stop at the farm stands to pick up vegetables, go home to make cioppino, and eat it with warm sourdough.

No comments:

Post a Comment