20091222

Another Year Flies By

Burlingame, CA
August 2008 

Last August, I stared out my office window across the San Francisco bay and saw infinity, a future full of endless possibilities.  What I wanted was attainable, or so I thought.

This year, the office belongs to a different company, the future is hazy at best.  And what I want ... well ... what do I want?  Whatever it is, it lurks, just beyond sight, beyond my grasp.

Somewhere in the past year or two, I forgot more than once that what I desire is not as important as the path I take.  As I finish out this year, two things weigh on my mind:  whether I made the right decisions; and whether I will be able to find my way again, or if it will just become easier to compromise.

In this final week of 2009, I want to take the opportunity to wish all my friends and family a happy, healthy 2010.

11 comments:

  1. It seems like compromise is the way of this world, and unfortunately, we sometimes half to meet others more than halfway. Everything is a trade-off. The question must always be: Was it, or will it be worth it?

    I've enjoyed getting to know a little of what makes you tick, and I see a deep thinker with a good sense of humor...what better combination to survive life's slings and arrows? I send you only the warmest wishes for the coming year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that thinking thing. Sometimes I overthink. And sometimes I let my emotions get in the way of thinking things through properly. Maybe I will get it right someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Close your eyes and imagine your life either with and without compromises. Only you know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I'm afraid to do that, Martina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could actually feel this post. I think we are not alone in wondering what the future holds, but I say bring it! I do feel the worst is over. There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright ... light ... burning ... eyes! :) I guess we will see very soon what the new year brings, MAWB. One day to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only some hours to go around here now.

    I wish you aaaaaaaaalllllllll the best for 2010, je t'embrasse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "and whether I will be able to find my way again,"

    I think because you wrote that line, that is your answer. Best of luck to you. Enjoy the Blue Moon tonight. Make a wish and go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milles des bisous, Martina!

    The blue moon was hidden behind clouds for the most part here, Julie, but it was wonderfully bright.

    ReplyDelete