20120911

Sick Day

A Turtle Contemplates Life, North Carolina, 2012



I can count the number of days I have been sick enough as to be utterly useless in my whole life on my fingers and still have a few digits left over. Yet here I lie in bed tapping away at my laptop after having effectively spent the whole day in bed.

I've felt generally drained for the past week, although not actually sick other than developing a sore throat within the last couple of days. Then, last night when I got home from work, I was loopy enough to leave the trunk of my car open all night. I have never even left my car unlocked at night, much less open!

I decided to sleep today away, even though I still feel just general fatigue and not sick-sick. So after dropping the car at the mechanic's shop, running to the bank, hanging the laundry and watering the garden, I grabbed a glass of water and passed out, with my ever faithful Piglette snoring right next to me (her foot or leg is hurt, she needs rest, too!). There was a solid three hours of sleep in there, plus another two in semi-sleep, but I still feel drained. Maybe after a good night's sleep I'll be up for work in the morning...

13 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound good, Rei. Maybe you should actually consider taking another day and resting some more. Do you have a temp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked this morning and am taking the rest of the day off, Goldie. I don't think there is fever involved, just a lot of fatigue.

      Delete
  2. What you did before you passed out some would consider a full day's work. Take care of you. Listen to that Flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound productive to me. Your body seems to need the rest. Let it be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've slept the afternoons 3 days straight, now. I feel like a schlub!

      Delete
  4. You're describing how I feel in the fall when I have an allergic reaction to ragweed and all the blooming ornamental grasses - sore throat and fatigue without actually being sick. Is it possible that you could be allergic to something? Hope you have more zip soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, Linda. Anything is possible! But I am feeling a little better today. We'll see how work goes tomorrow!

      Delete