20090929

Time

"... the greatest gift someone can give me, is the gift of their time."


The above statement was made by Cassandra Ross, one of my social networking contacts.  Its simple truth touched me deeply and stirred bittersweet emotions within me:  melancholy and hope; turmoil and peace.  Time is the most precious commodity in our lives, because once it has passed, we can never get it back.  And so, the amount of time one invests in another is a clue to one's regard for the other.

How often do we give more time to someone than they are willing to give back?
 How many minutes do we waste in dwelling on time lost?

6 comments:

  1. The questions at the end of this are two of the most needed things to ask...and if we can answer them honestly our lives may change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of the time it is very difficult (at least for me to answer those honestly. Thank you for the visit and the comment, Timoteo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I wasn't sure about the "killer" bees either, but I looked into it--and Africanized honey bees is the proper term, and so it turns out they DO make honey. (Good thing, or my poem would be ruined!)
    Hey, when I went to Paris a number of years back, I stayed at the Tim Hotel in Montmartre--I figured if they were going to name a hotel after me, the least I could do would be to stay there. It was withing walking distance of Sacre Couer, probably my favorite place in the limited time I had there...At one point I sat on the steps outside with a large group of young people who were playing guitar and singing "The Boxer," by Simon and Garfunkel. Kind of bizarre and entrancing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like the poem, whether it is correct or not.

    I've heard of the Tim Hotel, but I know nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's on the Avenue de Clichy, not far from the Moulin Rouge... Anyway, now I just call MY house the Tim Hotel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be sure to give your house a positive review on Trip Advisor :)

    ReplyDelete