20090830

Sunset, San Francisco Bay, 28 August 2009

As I finish dinner with my family at a restaurant along the Bay Trail in Burlingame, California, I watch the last rays of the day's light sinking into the horizon.  When we walk outside, I pull my camera out and set it on a sign post for stability to catch those beams before they are completely absorbed by the earth.  Evening flights are taking off and landing at San Francisco airport, just north of where I am standing and the lights in the distance are beginning to twinkle on.  I snap a few, close my eyes and allow myself the luxury of imagining that he miraculously has been able to come here and enjoy this moment with me.  I brush away the tears before turning around to head back toward my family.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I believe he was there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I am glad I had the camera, so I could at least capture the memory of the moment.

    ReplyDelete